27 ECNL GIRLS ATHLETES SELECTED FOR U17 USYNT TRAINING CAMP
For the first time since March 2020, the US Women’s National Team is holding an in-person U17 camp. The camp comes in preparation for qualification matches for the U17 Women’s World Cup, which will take place in India in 2022. Qualification games will kick off early in 2022, and this October camp will serve as a way for Head Coach Matt Porter to bring players together to start assessing his roster.
For this seven-day camp in California from Oct. 10-17, 27 current ECNL players were selected to participate, highlighting the top-level talent in the ECNL across the country.
“This is a tremendous showing for our players and our league,” said ECNL Girls Commissioner Jen Winnagle. “Selection to a national team camp is a huge moment in any player’s soccer career, and reflects a tremendous amount of work and commitment.”
The 27 ECNL athletes invited to camp include the U16 Player of the Year, Maribel Flores, five additional ECNL All-Americans, and another 13 1st Team All-Conference players. In total, 19 of the 27 ECNL athletes won a league award last season ahead of the national camp. At the club level, NC Courage, San Diego Surf and Solar SC each had three players each from their respective club. In total, 17 different ECNL clubs had at least one athlete selected for the national camp.
The full list of ECNL athletes participating in the U17 USWNT National Camp is below.
- Abigail Gundry (NC Courage)
- Victoria Safradin (Internationals SC)
- Adelyn Todd (Real Colorado National)
- Hailey Baumann (Michigan Hawks)
- Alyssa Gonzalez (San Diego Surf)
- Morgan Juran (Real Colorado National)
- Savannah King (LAFC So Cal Youth)
- Cambry Patrick (Solar SC)
- Cameron Roller (Solar SC)
- Maggie Taitano (San Diego Surf)
- Amelia Van Zanten (Eclipse Select SC)
- Mia Bhuta (Internationals SC)
- Shae Harvey (Slammers FC HB KØGE)
- Claire Hutton (World Class FC)
- Riley Jackson (Concorde Fire Platinum)
- Lauren Martinho (NC Courage)
- Samantha Smith (Boise Thorns)
- Emma Yolinsky (Solar SC)
- Jasmine Aikey (MVLA)
- Melanie Barcenas (San Diego Surf)
- Isabella Field (Sporting Blue Valley)
- Maribel Flores (Slammers FC HB KØGE)
- Onyeka Gamero (Beach FC)
- Andrea Leyva (Heat FC)
- Mia Oliaro (NC Courage)
- Melina Rebimbas (PDA Blue)
- Sydney Watts (Sporting Blue Valley)